Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks & Giving


This is one of my favorite holidays. Mainly because my mom is such an excellent host & cook. Over the past several years I help her from the day before to doing the dishes after. It's a tradition I've grown fond of & can't wait to do with my daughter/kids one day. This year is especially unique & special because there is so much to be grateful for.


My Top 10 Things I am most grateful for:


1.) My health - I know it sounds cliche, but until you experinece someone you love really battling health issues, you don't know how precious it is.


2.) My New Job- This time last year, I was hopeless & desperate for something new and something I loved doing every day. I finally found it :) I have an incredible job and I count my blessings every day.


3.) My Mom's New Job- Although it wasnt her ideal job and she would of loved to retired at the job she had for over 18 years, I am grateful for her. Times are tough out there & she is happy to be waking up getting ready for work every day and not wondering whats next.


4.) My Dads Successful Bypass Heart Surgery - Although this was a very scary & draining experience over a few months. I am grateful for life's modern medicine, science & God's help that he overcame this & is on the road to a longer better life.


5.) My Amazing Boyfrfiend- I never ever ever (literally I didn't think I'd meet someone after years of not having a serious relationship) thought I'd find such a handsome, sweet, smart, funny & loving man to be with. He is truly a blessing.


6.) My Best Friend Margarit's Engagement- I am so happy for her, it's radiating through me in sucha positive way. To see someone you care about so much really fall in love and committ to such a good man, Armen, for the rest of their life is something truly special.


7.) The Life of our dear friend Eileen aka Jannie- Jannie was my best friend growing up, great grandma. But she raised her (and me for that matter!) for years and ended up becoming a dear friend to my mom & dad. She passed away the beginning of this month & I am grateful for her 96 years on this earth & the many lessons she taught me.


8.) My friend Marueen's first baby boy- My friend from college was engaged the day after we graduated, married a year later & then had her baby another year later. (sometimes I feel like damn what am I doing with my life, she is beating me! haha) But new life and babies are just amazing in themselves.


9.) I'm happy for my cousin that she is getting a second chance of love & life - and not settling for the sake of settling. I am proud of her & hope she finds true love & is content.


10.) I'm most grateful for all the family/friends in my life- life would be awful, miserable, boring, pointless- without the love of friends & dear family!


Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

No comments: